How to disable or turn off the Panning Hand cursor in Outlook 2007
If you’re using Outlook 2007 and you have a mysterious “Panning hand” cursor that won’t let you select text in an email, and want to turn it off, but can’t find the option, here’s how:
- Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar pull down:
- Choose “More Commands…”
- In the next window, click the drop down box and choose “Commands not in the Ribbon”
- Scroll down until you find “Panning Hand” and then click “Add >>”
- Click OK.
- The Hand will now appear in the toolbar.
- Click the Hand to disable Panning Hand
- You can now select/copy/highlight text 😀
Update: For Outlook 2010, try pressing the “Esc” key on your keyboard.
Did it work? Leave a comment!